Roku’s direct publisher is a powerful solution, but a common issue that gets reported to us that members add new videos and the channel does not update. There answer is simple. Channels does not usually update for 24 hours, sometimes 48 hours. There are ways to solve this issue.
The reason this may be happening is that Roku has a process called “ingesting” the video data. Ingesting allows Roku to read the new data from your feed and it is not an immediate process. EVery 24 hours, the ingesting process takes place to scan your feed for new data and make changes to the channel accordingly. If you have a Roku device on your TV< you may also see the updates happening as a user. You turn on your TV and see a channel automatically updating or it updates when you run the channel’s app. That is because new features of that channel are downloaded onto the user’s device.
During the Roku channel/app process, when your channel has not yet been published, you can speed up the ingesting process, but creating a new feed URL and then manually updating the channel. This will allow the new video data to appear on your channel. After your channel has been published, the new video data may appear automatically immediately for users or within 24 to 48 hours.
- Log into your Roku developer account and click on Manage My Channels or go directly to https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels.
- Scroll down to the channel which you need to update. Click on the icon of that channel.
- Click on Feed URL (see screenshot)
- Enter the new Feed URL.
- Press Save.
- Click on Feed Status from the main menu.
- Click on the Refresh Now button under until you a green checkmark with the number of items ingested.
- Click on Preview and Publish from the main menu.
- Click on the Update.